Monday, October 14, 2013

School Is Back In Session

Happy Monday, my loves

Wow it's been inexcusably long since I've blogged. But I have a good excuse nonetheless!
So I started a new job as a substitute teacher and I have three online courses to finish by the end of this month. Yup, I still have homework even as a teacher.
But let me tell you; I absolutely LOVE my new job.
And now this is where what I am going on about fits in perfectly with this outfit post...

This look totally has a sort of school girl vibe to it, don't you think?
(Gray sweater: Pacsun $16, Vest: Papaya $11, Green skirt: Forever21 $12, Black thigh high socks: Wet Seal $8, Oxford shoes: Vintage thrift shop Nine West brand $18)

Gotta say I'm digging the transitioning from Summer to Fall style right now. So that's what this look would be categorized under.
You wanna make this more summery? Lose the sweater and possibly the socks. Wanna rock this for fall? You could even through on some see-through black tights under the socks and wear a long sleeve shirt under the vest.
The possibilities are endless.

Now I'd say this look is more student appropriate than teacher but it reminds me of school anyways.

What do ya'll think of this look?

Leave me some beautiful feedback cause I adore hearing from you!
Have a great rest of your week, peoples!

Love, Minda

20 comments:

  1. Love the color together. You combine it great!

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I tried :) I guess I usually tend to dress more in these colors anyway; green, gray, brown, and black :)

      Thank you

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot to congrets you with your new job :)

      XxX

      Delete
    3. Awwwww thank you so much! Ah you are such a sweetheart <3

      Delete
  2. Great layering!! Let us follow each other on GFC, FB and Twitter?
    Love
    New Post
    Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'd love to check out your blog

      Delete
  3. i love your layering ideas! and how fun that you're a substitute teacher- what grade do you teach?

    and if i'm ever in portland i'd love to meet up!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot to me coming from the layering guru!

      I usually teach preschool and kindergarten but I could get any grade from preschool through middle school! :) I LOVE my job!

      I hope to meet you one day!

      Delete
  4. Super cute look honey, you look great and you are very pretty!
    Lovely blog, what about following each other? Just let me know!
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Carolina!
      You're very very kind and I appreciate you commenting on my blog :)

      Delete
  5. I am going to be Mad Hatter and I am way too excited! That "school look" is nice. It suits you :).

    Eiva: Brighton(UK) Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Iva :) You're very sweet!

      Oh really? Like the Tim Burton version of the Mad Hatter? That is a really great idea!

      Delete
  6. Your hair and entire look is just too lovely. I'm a sucker for the high sock, sweater, forest green skirt combo! Love your style :]

    Annie, http://www.mismatchedsimplicity.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I feel completely overwhelmed (but in a good way) with the love! Thank you for such a wonderful comment :)

      You're the best!

      Delete
  7. I love the look here too , you have a little wilde and wise style in the same time ! That's adorable ! ( excuse my english ) it's translated by google...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorei a saia voce ficou muito linda e sensual, para voce beijos e beijos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the tall socks and all the cute buttons! such a great look!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete